Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's official

Most of you probably already know, but for those who dont-
we are officially moving to Idaho in June- around the 13th. I have such mixed feeling about going.
On one hand...the weather there will be awesome this summer and we'll miss the AZ heat!
On the other hand...it will be miserably cold and dark the other 9 months out of the year.
On one hand...we'll be close to Tysons family and they'll get to know the kiddos
On the other hand...my family is here! And they wont get to be close to the kiddos.
On one hand...it will be such an adventure to go somewhere new (for me) and experience living somewhere else.
On the other hand...I love Arizona! I love all my friends here, I love my calling, etc.
At times I'm just like "come on! Let's get going and just do it!" And then theres other times where I just want these next 3 weeks to go by so slowly. Then I think, Oh my heck, I only have 3 weeks to go through all our stuff and figure out which of our stuff we can fit into a little 4ft x 8ft trailer, and what stuff has to go byebye.
On that note- I have been going through some of the boxes that were at my parents' house, so I've been looking through all sorts of old pictures and all my old yearbooks- even the ones from elementary school! All I have to say is, I was such a dork! Band geek to a T! One of the things that was at my moms house was my old clarinet- so now I have to figure out what to do with that. Lol. I had so much fun as a kid- its awesome to go back and remember all the friends I had and all the crazy stuff we did. Stake dances, dressing up for spirit days, going TPing, crushes on 10 different boys at the same time, obssessing over *NSYNC...good times.
I'll bet Tyson would love it if I would just throw out my old yearbooks and pictures- so my question is, who still has their elementary/middle school yearbooks etc? Is it worth keeping? I always have this image in my head of looking through it with my kids when they're that age- does that ever actually happen?
One thing is for sure- I am so glad I never have to go through middle school again!

11 comments:

Janalee said...

yes, definitely keep the yearbooks and pictures. I'm always referring to mine. Your kids will want to see how you looked. I loved going back and looking at my parents. It's part of your history. And how much space does it really take up? One small box? It's worth it to me.

Leslie Elaine said...

You're going to move to ID?! Thats exciting, you'll be somewhat closer to me. Are you going to WA for Mary's wedding?

Kim-you were a dork. Haha but thats why I love you and thats why we had so much fun then. Ha, how does everyone look in the yearbooks? Horrible I am sure. Well, I have seemed to have lost my elementary school yearbooks which makes me a little sad. You could always scan pictures to an external hard drive, so you have the memories but its easier to store and travel with.

Karisa & Tyler said...

I had no idea you were moving! Wow! It will be fun and exciting to be somewhere new. What instigated the move? Oh, and yes, I do believe that I have a lot of stuff from back in the day too. I've gone back and looked through a lot of my mom's stuff too, so I think a lot of it is worth keeping. Just box it up though and leave it in your mom's basement closet or something! ha ha! :)

The Higham Family said...

Yup, I sure am. I am going to Mary's wedding, but its actually in SLC, isnt it? So it will be even easier for me to get to- only a 3 1/2 hour drive from IF. We all look pretty crazy in the yearbooks- haha. Remember wet-hair freak?
We actually considered scanning all the pictures- our computer is backed up online so we wouldnt lose anything.
We decided to move so that Tyson could go to BYUI- we feel it will be the best place for him!

Shannon said...

Good luck! We will be sad to see you go. Enjoy the summer there!

Cecily said...

I still have all my elementary and junior high (& HS) year books too! Keep them!! My parents have their high school year books, and I loved looking through them growing up. Your kids will love to look through yours too. I have the same "dream", that my kids will love looking through them too.

Cecily said...

P.S. It's scary to move! I hope you will love Idaho though. It's a beautiful place, and you're right, the summer will not quite compare to the Arizona heat! :)

Katie said...

Don't even think about throwing away yearbooks and photos. You will seriously regret it later on! There were many times when I wished I hadn't thrown out my elementary and middle school ones...

Leslie Elaine said...

Hey. My email is le.el.jo@gmail.com

Danielle said...

Kim, wow! I didn't know that you were moving-but how exciting! I know it seems rough now, but it'll be worth it. And, it will definitely strengthen the relationship that you and Tyson have as a couple. So that's a positive to look forward to. You'll be missed though.

Karisa Tomkinson said...

I know I already commented, but I had to let you know that I set up a new blog cuz of a new e-mail address I got. I want to keep in touch! Love you and talk to you soon!
Karisa